The FAFP Exemplary Teaching awards were created to acknowledge Academy members who deserve recognition of exemplary teaching skills, as well as individuals who have implemented outstanding educational programs and/or developed innovative teaching models. This award is presented in three different categories:
- Full-Time Faculty
- Part-Time Faculty
The nominees for the FAFP Exemplary Teaching Awards will be evaluated based upon the following criteria:
- Recognized for exemplary teaching skills and outstanding progression of abilities over several years by medical students, residents, or peers; or
- Developed and implemented innovative curriculum, teaching model(s), or program(s) in a variety of educational spheres; and
- Must be a current member of the AAFP/FAFP.
All nominations must include the following information to be eligible for consideration:
- A completed nomination form via this application
- Current Curriculum Vitae (attached below - 5 page maximum)
- A minimum of three and a maximum of five letters of recommendation. At least two of the letters of recommendation must be submitted from individuals who are current or former students/residents who have been taught by the nominee.
- Color 5x7 professional photo (with high quality resolution)
The application and supporting documents (as noted above) must be sent together in this application and received at FAFP no later than June 30, 2020. Questions, please contact Jennifer Young at email@example.com or (904) 726-0944.