Thank you for your interest in the Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles Cuernavaca Pilgrimage 2020. The program is a two-week partnership program with The Anglican Diocese of Cuernavaca, which includes both cultural and Spanish-Language immersion.
The Pilgrimage dates are March 14 - 28, 2020 and will be held at the Diocesan Center in Cuernavaca, Mexico. Travel days are Saturday, March 14 (Los Angeles to Mexico City) and Saturday, March 28 (Mexico City to Los Angeles).
The program allows for up to 15 participants and lay and ordained persons from the Diocese of Los Angeles are welcome to attend.
Some important information:
- The cost for the program is $3000.00 USD. A deposit of $100.00 must be received within two weeks of your registration. Once confirmed, a payment schedule will be set. Registration closes on January 30, 2020, and your full balance due must be paid in full by February 28, 2020. Payments may be made by check or credit card. If paying by Credit Card, Laurel will be provide a link through which you may make your deposit and payments. Checks should be payable to the Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles (EDLA). Receipts will be provided for all payments.
Air & ground transportation, lodging (shared, double occupancy) and 3 meals daily are included in your registration fee, along with the Spanish Language coursework, materials and special excursions.
- This is a structured program in which immersion through language, culture and relationship with our brothers and sisters in the Diocese of Cuernavaca takes place. A full schedule that details our schedules for coursework, meals, worship and excursions will be provided to you by February 1, 2020. Please review it carefully.
- Through the telling of our stories, and our listening to the stories of others, we are able to connect deeply with one another, and to see more clearly all that we share in common, and the ways in which we differ. It is our prayer that you enter into this time with our brothers and sisters in Cuernavaca with hearts and minds open to give and receive.
- While our ability to accommodate special needs and dietary restrictions is limited, we encourage you to note any you may have in the designated section in the survey so that we can be aware and do our best to be supportive.
- Upon submission of your survey, you will receive an automated message acknowledging receipt. Our coordinator, The Rev. Laurel Coote, will access your reservation, and will respond within 72 hours to let you know that it has been received, to clarify any questions about the information submitted, and to confirm your participation. NOTE: Until your deposit is received, your reservation is not confirmed. Should you need to cancel, we will refund your deposit up to 8 weeks prior to the program. Emergency Cancellations will be managed on a case by case basis.
- NOTE: If you begin this survey and then leave it (for example, to gather some information so that you may complete it), you will need to complete