Criteria for the NOA Paraoptometric of the Year Award:
The award is intended to recognize a Nebraska para who best exemplifies the critical role of paraoptometric staff in patient care, office management, or third party claims administration.
The award will be presented during the virtual NOA Fall Convention and the recipient will be notified in advance. There will be a $600 cash award to the 2020 recipient chosen by the Award Selection Committee.
- Nominations are confidential – only the nominator and the Awards Committee know the nominee’s identity.
- Any NOA member doctor or NOA paraoptometric section member may submit nominations for the Para of the Year award.
- Nominations must be accompanied by sufficient documentation of the nominee’s activities to provide a proper basis for consideration by the Awards Committee. (If more information is needed, a telephone interview with the nominator may be required.)
- Number of years in the optometric field and education level.
- Contribution to the practice.
- Contributions to the association and profession.
- Contribution to the field of optometry.
- Promotion of visual awareness in his/her community.
- Self-discipline and professional conduct.
- Other accomplishments.
Click here to view previous award recipients.