2020 NLIHC POLICY FORUM ORGANIZING AWARDS
NLIHC is accepting nominations for the 2020 Annual Organizing Awards. The Organizing Awards recognize outstanding achievement in statewide, regional, citywide, community, neighborhood, and resident/tenant organizing during 2019 that furthers NLIHC’s mission of achieving socially just public policy to ensure people with the lowest incomes in the U.S. have affordable and decent homes.
- Consideration will only be given to nominations that conducted organizing around a campaign or issue that furthers NLIHC's mission (above) and not on general organizational achievements.
- Special consideration will be given to nominations that incorporate resident/tenant-centered organizing.
- Nominated organizations must be current NLIHC members.
- Organizations may self-nominate.
- NLIHC board members and Award Committee members may not nominate an organization with which they are employed or affiliated.
- The award selection committee will choose two award recipients for different types of achievement. Generally speaking, one award will recognize statewide or regional achievements, and one award will recognize citywide or neighborhood achievements.
NLIHC will provide two representatives of each honored organization a complimentary NLIHC Policy Forum registration (March 25-27, 2020), 2-3 nights of hotel accommodation, and transportation to Washington, D.C. to accept their award.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 10, 2020 BY 5:00PM ET
More information can be found at http://www.nlihcforum.org
Questions? Email Joey at email@example.com