Established in 2013 by the Salem State University Alumni Association, the Rising Star Award recognizes alumni, who have received their degree within the last 15 years, who are already making significant contributions to greater society through professional and philanthropic work.
Nominations deadline is April 1, 2019.
This year's award recipient will be honored in 2019 during alumni weekend.
* Each recipient must have attained notable achievement or made a lasting contribution in his or her professional, philanthropic, or voluntary endeavors.
* Each recipient must have graduated within the last 15 years.
* Each recipient must have earned a degree from Salem State University.
* It is preferred that recipient attend the awards ceremony to accept his or her award.
* The recipients are eligible to receive a specific award once, but are eligible to receive a different award in the future.
* The awards committee is not obligated to select a recipient from each category if applicants do not adequately meet the requirements.
* No member of the Alumni Association Board of Directors may self-nominate for the award.
* The below nomination form must be completed in full.
* As part of the nomination form, nominators must submit 500 word or more statement establishing the candidate's qualifications with clear and concise detail as to why he/she should be selected for the award.
* The Awards Committee, comprised of members of the Salem State University Alumni Board, reserves the right to conduct independent research on a nominee. The Committee will only consider information when it is part of a submitted nomination.
* The Awards Committee will also not consider nominations that consist solely of a nominee's resume.
* Incomplete nomination packets will NOT be considered.