Thank you for your interest in presenting at VWHE's 2016 Spring Conference. The theme of the conference is "Power Up!" There are many ways to interpret this theme and we're looking forward to reading about your proposal. As you fill out the form you will see choices for five themes, each with its own subcategories. Submissions that address these themes and subcategories well will receive the highest consideration. The themes (and some examples of possible topics) are:
1. Professional Development: the use of power in the workplace, advocating for oneself, forging career pathways
2. Leadership Development: finding/being a mentor, embracing power in a good way, conflict resolution
3. Personal Finance: financial literacy, planning for retirement, understanding earning power
4. Wellbeing, Inspiration & Aspiration: work/life balance, how powerful women have succeeded, personal/professional sustainability
5. Skillset Toolbox: Something new this year: a skill or technique useful in the workplace. This could be a 2-part session with an AM and a PM component. Some possibilities are beginner/advanced software (e.g., Excel, InDesign, Outlook); social media tools (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, or perhaps building a social media engagement plan); event planning (how to pull off an event/meeting/conference of any size). Or suggest something not on the list.
We will inform those who submit accepted proposals on or around December 20, 2015. Thanks very much for your interest in our conference and providing professional development opportunities for women in higher education.