Thank you for submitting a proposal for the 24th UConn Women’s Advance Conference on May 12, 2016.
The selection criteria is as follows:
Sessions should provide in-depth information, practical ideas, and specific strategies for the attendees to use once they return to their workplace. Hands-on examples, opportunities to practice new skills, and active participant involvement are encouraged.
Session proposals should contain the necessary information for the proposal reviewers to judge the relevance, quality and potential community interest in the proposed topic. Proposals should answer the questions: What will attendees take away from the session? What will attendees be able to use in their job/role?
Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of:
● Timeliness/relevance of topic
● Topic's contribution to women’s professional development
● Clearly stated purpose and learning objectives
● Creativity in an approach to a situation or in ways to manage it
● Adaptability of ideas to a variety of roles
● Diversity of perspectives
● Diversity of presenters
● Quality of content
● Detailed description of session
Due to budgetary considerations, it is not possible to offer an honorarium to session presenters, however registration fees will be waived.