Criteria for the NOA Paraoptometric of the Year Award:
- This annual award was first awarded in 1984.
- Traditionally, Rite-Style Optical sponsors this award.
- The award winner receives a plaque, awarded at the annual NOA Fall Convention. The recipient will be notified prior to the Convention.
- Nominations are confidential – only the nominator and the Awards Committee know the nominee’s identity.
- Any NOA member doctor or NOA paraoptometric section member may submit nominations for the Para of the Year award.
- Nominations must be accompanied by sufficient documentation of the nominee’s activities to provide a proper basis for consideration by the Awards Committee. (If more information is needed, a telephone interview with the nominator may be required.)
- Number of years in the optometric field and education level.
- Contribution to the practice.
- Contributions to the association and profession.
- Contribution to the field of optometry.
- Promotion of visual awareness in his/her community.
- Self-discipline and professional conduct.
- Other accomplishments.
Click here to view previous award recipients.