Thanks to the support of AFCC members who contributed to the scholarship fund, scholarships are available for the AFCC 14th Symposium on Child Custody, The Future of Child Custody: Stacking the Deck in Favor of Children, November 9-13, 2020, a virtual event.
Scholarships cover the cost for the following:
- one pre-conference institute
- conference registration
- certificate of attendance
Preference for scholarships is given to AFCC members. Membership status will be verified on September 29, 2020. Click here to join AFCC.
Due to the number of applications received in past years, those who have received a scholarship in the last five years are not eligible.
The application deadline is September 29, 2020. Recipients will be notified in mid-October.
Click here for complete guidelines and criteria. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
You may find it helpful to compose your responses to the short answer questions in a word processing program and then paste them into the submission form. Here are the questions for which you may want to prepare answers or look up information for before beginning the application:
- Will you receive any funding support from your employer or other source outside AFCC?
- What is your current earned income?
- How many people are financially dependent on you? Do not include yourself.
- What is your total household income?
- How would your attendance at this conference forward the mission of AFCC? The AFCC mission statement can be found here. (Please limit to 150 words.)
- AFCC strives for diversity among colleagues, professions and services. Our collective differences enhance the work of AFCC by providing many different perspectives. Diversity includes, but it is not limited to: age, gender, ethnicity, geographic region, disability, culture, religion and sexual orientation. How would you bring diversity to the association? (Please limit your response to 150 words.)
- Describe how your participation at this AFCC Conference will impact your community. (Please limit your response to 150 words.)
- Are there are any additional circumstances the AFCC Scholarship Committee should consider? (Please limit your response to 150 words.)
- Provide contact information (name, address, email, and phone) for a professional reference from your community.