Online Shopping Survey
Learn How to Delight Your Online Customers
How better to ensure customer delight and repeat business than to give shoppers an online experience well beyond their expectations?
And are you? For starters, you need to know if your customers love your product selection and pricing. Can they find the information they need online to make a buying decision? Is ordering quick and easy? Can they get assistance if and when they need it? Do they like your shipping and return policies? How easy is it to search your website and discover products?
Even a small business makes a big impression when you create opportunities for your customers to tell you exactly what they want. And online questionnaires are a terrific way to do so.
How to Use Surveys to Create an Outstanding Online Shopping Experience
Ask for honest feedback, and then use it to create the online shopping experience that will win you loyal customers.
- Customer satisfaction. Survey your customers to find out if they’re enjoying their experience with your business. Identify areas of excellence and opportunity for improvement, and use that information to focus your investments.
- Online experience. Need a faster technology platform? Is it time to spruce up your site’s look and feel? Survey your users to evaluate and improve the online shopping experience you’re delivering.
- Product evaluations. Ask your customers to provide feedback on your products. What did they think of the quality and the cost? Is this a product they would buy online regularly? Find out if they would consider a regular auto-ship subscription for this product or others.
- Net Promoter Score. Referrals build businesses! Find out if your satisfied customers would happily recommend you to their family and friends. Poll them to discover if they would be willing to talk about your business or products through their social networks on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more.
Sample Online Shopping Surveys (some content available only in English)
Build better customer engagements online. Use surveys to get shoppers’ insights about your company, your products, and the quality of the online experience you’re delivering. Start with one of our survey templates and use it as is, or customize it to meet your needs.
- Customer Satisfation. Do you delight your customers? Use this survey to find out if you’re a pleasure to do business with, and if your customers would happily recommend you to others.
- Customer Service. No online experience is ever perfect, but every challenge is an opportunity to woo and win a customer. Survey your shoppers after an engagement with a customer service representative and find out if that moment of truth delivered the happy outcome you want.
- Product Market Research. Just introduced or testing a new product? Survey your shoppers for feedback. Use PopUps to target customers who purchased the product to get their early assessment of selection, quality, and pricing.
- Online Shopping Attitudes. Ask your site visitors how likely they are to buy online. Are there certain products they prefer to purchase – or do they have concerns about online shopping? Use this information to fine-tune their experience on your site, including what merchandise you’ll offer for purchase online.
- Website Feedback. Dig a little deeper to understand how customers are using your site. Do they visit primarily to research a product? Do a little competitive shopping? Or purchase conveniently online? Use Filters to explore responses and determine if you’re offering shoppers the information and incentives they need to buy on your site.
- Use the SurveyMonkey Email Collector to add a list of emails into SurveyMonkey and send a unique survey link through a message delivered by the SurveyMonkey mail server. You can then track individuals’ responses, including who has responded, who has not, and who has opted out.
- Get the insights you need to develop your new product, determine pricing and placing, or shape your promotional offering. SurveyMonkey Audience gives you access to millions of respondents ready to provide the answers you need.
Four Quick Tips for Improving Response Rates
Try these tactics to encourage customers to complete your surveys.
- Be brief! Keep your surveys short and sweet. Know your objective, and ask only for the information you need.
- Keep it casual. Use a friendly, welcoming tone. Dabble in light humor if appropriate – but know your audience; humor can be subjective.
- Offer incentives. Little incentives like a small discount or entry into a drawing can help you obtain more responses.
- Close the loop. Let your customers know how the feedback you’re gathering is contributing to their improved online shopping experience.
Looking for More Survey Templates and Survey Questions?
- Business Survey Templates
- Customer Satisfaction Survey Questions
- Customer Satisfaction Survey Templates
- Employee Satisfaction Survey Templates
- Event Planning Survey Templates
- Free Survey Templates
- HR Survey & Training Survey Templates
- Marketing Survey Templates
- Market Research Survey Templates
- Net Promoter Score
- Non-Profit Survey Templates
- Survey Question Types
- Education Survey Templates
Why Do 20+ Million People Use SurveyMonkey?
Send an unlimited number of surveys and polls with our FREE plan.
- Easy to Use
Create and monitor your survey directly over the Internet — we’ve made it easy to get started, learn & use.
- Intuitive Design
There’s no need to be a programmer or engineer — if you can check email or use Facebook, then you can use SurveyMonkey.
- Real Time Results
You can view your data as it comes in, keeping it to yourself or allowing others to see it.
- Trustworthy & Experienced
SurveyMonkey has helped over 20 million satisfied customers gather information online.
- Expands with Your Needs
SurveyMonkey PRO plans enhance your ability to gather & interpret information with advanced analytics and more.