Did you know?
63% of people consider a company's privacy and security history before using their products or services.
LAST UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 26TH, 2019
Email, Text Messages, and Prohibited Content
Email and Text Message Requirements
SurveyMonkey has a zero-tolerance spam policy. This means that all email and text message recipients must have opted in to, or otherwise validly consented to, receiving communications from you, the sender. Subscriber accounts may be terminated for sending unsolicited email or text messages.
Email messages sent in connection with a SurveyMonkey survey must contain an “unsubscribe” link that allows subscribers to remove themselves from your email messages. You acknowledge and agree that you will not hide, disable, or remove or attempt to hide, disable, or remove the opt-out link from the email invitation. You will actively manage and process unsubscribe requests received by you directly within ten days of submission, and update your email lists and address books to reflect the unsubscribe requests.
You are responsible for ensuring that the email messages you send in connection with your surveys do not generate a number of spam complaints or bounce rates in excess of industry standards. If SurveyMonkey determines that your level of spam complaints or bounce rate is higher than industry standards, SurveyMonkey, at its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your use of its website and services. If you receive low response rates, high abuse rates or high bounce rates, we may request additional information regarding your mailing lists to investigate and attempt to resolve the problem, or in some cases we may suspend or remove email privileges on your account.
- Emails you send via SurveyMonkey must have a valid reply-to email address owned or managed by you.
- You can only use SurveyMonkey to send emails to lists of people that gave you permission to email them. If you don’t have proof that each recipient on your list opted in for your emails, don’t import them into SurveyMonkey. We prohibit the use of harvested mailing lists. SurveyMonkey will terminate accounts violating this prohibition.
- We prohibit the use of third-party, purchased, or rented mailing lists unless you are able to provide proof that individuals on the list have opted-in to receiving emails of the type you will be sending them.
- You must not send unsolicited mail to newsgroups, message boards, distribution lists, or email addresses.
- You must not utilize a survey to send any electronic mail messages in a way not permitted by applicable law (for example, the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 or Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation) or to any recipient who has opted out, unsubscribed, or otherwise objected to receiving such messages from you or another party on whose behalf you may be commissioned.
- You must not use SurveyMonkey to send emails with deceptive subject lines or false or misleading header information.
- Texted survey invitation messages you send via our services must have a valid reply “Stop”.
If you suspect that SurveyMonkey has been used by someone to send spam, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate the matter.