Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer for the Survey Authoring Team. Our ideal candidate has a real passion for solving complex and interesting problems while keeping our customers needs in mind. We work closely with our product owners and our customers, iterating quickly to ensure we build the best solution for our users.
- Build and maintain features that enable customers to author surveys
- Top-to-bottom ownership of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Participate in code reviews to validate best practices and logical designs
- Work with cross functional team members from Product Management, Quality Assurance, and Experience Design to ensure the application UI meets functional requirements
- Develop and optimize front-end UI functionality to ensure web applications are rendered consistently and efficiently in cross-browser environment and in international markets.
- Follow industry trends with regard to front-end technologies and techniques
- Demonstrable experience building world-class, consumer web application interfaces
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- A good eye for UX and Product. Must work well in a diverse team to collaborate on a complete, end-to-end experience.
- Logical team-player with strong communication skills to collaborate closely with peers, culture of code reviews and writing tech specs (Not a solo hacker)
- A passion for good documentation and code standards
- Quick learner with a drive to learn more
- Great organizational skills, and an attention to detail, consistency, and simplicity
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
- Experience with CSS frameworks (such as LESS or Sass)
- Experience with Python and Python frameworks (such as Pyramid or Django)
- Experience with asset build pipelines
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.