We’re excited to announce a few great new ways to make the most of your survey results. Since we rolled out new Analyze last fall, we’ve been working hard to add features like data trends and different chart colors and styles. Now we’ve turned our attention to two new tools to make it even easier to customize your results and share them with the world–or at least around the office.
Want even better news? These new features are all available in every SurveyMonkey plan, including BASIC.
Say hello to new data display features!
To turn survey data into actionable results, you need to be able to get your charts looking just how you want them. Available to everyone with a SurveyMonkey account, our new chart customization interface will help your charts stand out with:
Editable labels. Revise the wording of questions and answer options in your charts and data tables. For example, if your answer option labels are too long to display in a chart, you can now edit them to fit.
To edit a chart’s labels, just find the chart you want to change in Analyze:
1. Click the “Customize” button.
2. Then click the tab marked “Labels”.
Decimal places. Do you prefer your numbers to look like 12.34, 12.3 or just 12? Give the right level of detail by showing results with multiple decimal points.
Specify axis scale. Show your results in a better light by limiting the scale of your charts. If, for example, no answer choice is selected by more than 50 respondents, it makes it easier to understand the range of results by limiting axis to 50, rather than 100.
You can adjust the decimal places or axis scale by clicking “Customize” on any given question, then clicking on the “Display Options” tab.
But what do these changes really mean? Here’s a question makeover that shows off what Analyze can do:
Next, share your results with anyone
Once your charts look just how you want them to, our updated sharing feature helps you get them in front of people by creating a public web page to display survey results. Just click the “Share All” button under the “Analyze Results” top-level tab, and you’ll get a URL for accessing your results through the web, email or social media.
You’ll also get some smart ways to control the data you share:
- Privacy. You can password-protect your shared page if you want it to be private.
- Display options. On the shared results page, you can include the summary results and/or the data trends, as well as each individual’s responses.
- Anonymity. If you need the data to be anonymous before you share, you can choose an option to hide all open-ended answers on the shared results page.
- Labeling. You can add a custom title and description at the top of your shared results.
- Metrics. We will track the number of views on your shared results page, so you can see if the people are actually looking at your results.
- Custom views. You can also filter your data in multiple ways and share each view of the data separately. You’ll get a different page on the Web for each view you share, so you can share all your data with one audience, and share just a subset of your data with a different audience.
Need more help with new Analyze? Find detailed instructions in the Help Center.