SurveyMonkey surveys are important contributors to business success. Who hasn’t benefitted from hearing from the people who attend their events, buy their products, visit their websites, or use their services?
One of the biggest advantages of SurveyMonkey is the amount of valuable data you can collect from it. Each survey produces a goldmine of information about people’s preferences, sentiments, beliefs, feelings and experiences. And all of it is just begging to be used to improve everything from customer satisfaction to an aging but much-loved product.
Find out what you don’t already know
Thanks to the integration of SurveyMonkey with Watson Analytics, IBM’s smart data discovery and analysis service, you can now dig deeper into your SurveyMonkey responses. The combination of predictive analytics and sentiment analysis in Watson Analytics provides insights, patterns, and trends you never knew existed.
“The ability to uncover hidden insights from open-ended comments in SurveyMonkey data is a major differentiator for IBM and SurveyMonkey. Businesses now have access to sentiment analysis, business intelligence and predictive analytics of their survey data all in one solution, Watson Analytics.”—Marc Altshuller, General Manager, Business Analytics, IBM
Suppose you recently ran a survey to find out how your latest product was doing after its launch. You can log into Watson Analytics, connect to SurveyMonkey and create a data set directly from the survey that connects customer sentiment with other business critical data like website traffic, email performance, and market share. Several data visualizations later, you could determine that, although the product has been well-received globally, there is strong negative sentiment in parts of Asia.
Further data exploration and sentiment analysis of open-ended and unstructured text reveals the issue: customers in that part of the world are having problems understanding pricing. Then, with a little dragging and dropping, you can create a dashboard to share these insights.
Yes, it’s that easy.
It only takes a few clicks
With these simple steps you can import survey data from SurveyMonkey into Watson Analytics and begin your analysis:
1. Login to Watson Analytics (you can sign up for a free 30-day trial at www.watsonanalytics.com)
2. On the data tab, click New Data, then choose SurveyMonkey from the list of business connectors and click New Data again.
3. Enter your credentials for your SurveyMonkey account in the prompt.
4. Search your survey using the fields given. Once you have the survey you want to use, click Submit Survey.
5. Select few or all responses from the survey. If you want, you can also choose to pick up emotions and sentiment and extract entities, keywords, concepts and much more from the open-ended survey responses with the sentiment analysis option.
6. Name the survey and import it into Watson Analytics.
The survey data will appear as a data set in Watson Analytics.
Data discovery – quick and easy
You’re now ready to begin exploring your new SurveyMonkey dataset by asking a question in natural language, choosing one of the starting points or running sentiment analysis. You can also take a closer look at the data set by clicking the three dots beside your new data set and selecting Refine.
SurveyMonkey and Watson Analytics. What will you uncover?