So there you are…It’s Monday morning. Coffee’s in hand, computer’s fired up. You excitedly open up your SurveyMonkey account to view the responses that have filled up your Analyze page over the weekend. You’re thinking–since you sent the survey out on Friday, people surely had plenty of time to answer it over the weekend, right? Well, much to your dismay, you find that you’ve received a mere handful of responses. How could this be?!
Then…coffee kicks in. It was the weekend! And what do people like to do on the weekends? Generally avoid email so they can take advantage of, you know, the weekend. As a result, there’s a good chance that if you sent folks an email asking them to take your survey, they just may have missed it. What can you do? So you don’t want to pester people who may have already taken the survey, but you definitely want to nudge those who may have missed it.
Good news! Since this survey was sent out with our trusty Email Invitation collector, sending a reminder out to folks who haven’t taken the survey yet is easy-peasy. The Email Invitation automatically tracks who has and hasn’t responded. This way, those respondents who were so fervent in checking their email over the weekend won’t be sent the survey again. Now, let’s dive it and see how to do this.
1. Start by visiting the Collect Responses tab for your survey. You will then click on the Email Invitation collector from the list of Collectors.
2. Click on the View Messages button from the Message Summary page.
3. Click on the Create New Message button to create a reminder message from the Message Manager page.
4. Select the Not Responded option. This will send a reminder message to anyone who hasn’t received the message. You’ll see here that there are 2 potential recipients. Next, click on Save and Continue.
5. Lastly, enter a subject for your reminder message, and edit the email message, if need be. You can now choose to Save & Continue or choose to save the reminder message and resume it later.
You’re now all set to give your employees a polite little email poke to answer your survey. And guess what? Monday is the most popular day to receive responses, so you should see those responses rolling in in no time. Happy surveying!
Questions for Katie? You know where to go.