Online Surveys = Ongoing Insights

Welcome Zoomerang, ZoomPanel and TrueSample!

→
 →
Welcome Zoomerang, ZoomPanel and TrueSample!

We’re expanding the Monkey family!  We have not just one, but THREE new additions joining the team – Zoomerang, ZoomPanel and TrueSample.  These are three great products that we’re excited to bring you as we integrate these tools and technologies into our core services.

Like what?  Well, for example, your ability to send surveys to targeted audiences will increase.  Our current product, SurveyMonkey Audience gives you access to over 500,000 respondents, and now with the addition of ZoomPanel you’ll be able to select more targeting attributes and have access to international respondents.

SurveyMonkey customers will experience no changes to services, except for the exciting ZoomPanel additional mentioned above.   For Zoomerang customers, be assured that all existing surveys should remain fully functional, including those embedded in websites or housed on third-party platforms such as Facebook.  Your survey respondents should not see changes to the user experience, and you should not need to redeploy existing surveys.

Lastly, for those of you not familiar with TrueSample, let me tell you a bit about it. TrueSample is a great technology that improves the quality of panel surveys.  Market researchers use it to prevent poor data from compromising the integrity of client research.  Since we’re always looking for ways to help our customers make better decisions with easy-to-use tools and quality data, TrueSample will be a great addition to the team.

So for now, it’s business as usual.  We’ll keep you posted on our progress.  Feel free to email me at dg@surveymonkey.com or comment below.  You can read today’s announcement here, and visit the FAQs here for more information.

If you have specific support questions, contact Zoomerang at support@zoomerang.com and ZoomPanel at support@zoompanel.com.  As always, SurveyMonkey support can be reached by sending an email to support@surveymonkey.com.

Please join me in welcoming our new members to the family.

Tags: , , , , ,

29 thoughts on “Welcome Zoomerang, ZoomPanel and TrueSample!

1. Waqas Ali says:

Congrats Dave!

And welcome to three new friends joining SurveyMonkey. Between, love the logo of truesample. Wish you much more!

1. Dave G says:

Waqas, Thanks for the congrats and warm welcome to our new colleagues!

2. Marco says:

Congrats!! I do have to say, I stopped using Zoomerang years ago and started to use you guys instead :).

Hope it was a good acquisition.

1. Dave G says:

Marco – Thanks for being a long-time customer. We’re excited to start work with our new team members.

3. Blanca Pinon says:

feedback from fingertips?

4. Lisa says:

Congrats! Very exciting!

5. Andrew Dutch says:

Appreciate different people and different organisations work in different ways
    but can I offer a few suggestions to SurveyMonkey

My Surveys page
    —————
    Footer bar “Showing xx of xx & page numbers”
    to be at top of list as well as bottom of list

My Surveys page
    —————
    List surveys in alpha order by default

My Surveys page
    —————
    Time Created order should be in date/time order NOT alpha order

Download History
    —————-
    Names of zip files to include survey title NOT just Results.zip

Downloaded zipfile data
    ———————–
    Include question number in data header

Design Survey – Copy Page
    ————————-
    NOT add “Copy of page:” to page title

Food for thoughts???

1. Dave G says:

Andrew, great food for thought. I’ve passed this over to the team. Keep your eyes peeled for additional improvements in the coming year. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

6. jen says:

Where the hell is the promised $30? after survey? After completion, it just went away?????

1. Bennett P says:

Jen – Try contacting the person/group running the survey. Not sure what went wrong, but it might be on the survey admin side. Sorry to not be of more help.

1. Alex G says:

That’s great news Dave, congratulations on your little purchase…
      I’m sure it will prove worthy of smashing your piggy bank! :)

I’m actually one of the original Zoomerang developers, and when I saw your product hit the market a few years ago, I warned management that their business had become top heavy and that a dynamic and agile business like yours that is developer-oriented would become serious competition, I even joked that you would buy them out.

I along with the Zoom dev and techops teams tried to convince management to split Zoom from the other MarketTools operations, we opened the Ottawa development office to do just that. Alas, they never went all the way, the team remained subordinate to marketing execs that stumped the hiring of developers, and so nothing serious was done to compete with the Monkey threat. At least, we managed to keep the product functional and alive by pushing back on retarded features. I was eventually asked to leave.

Well today I think it is safe to say that the Monkeys went from threat to saviors and executed beautifully on the strategy I thought would be most succesful. Let me tell you that I know the good people in Zoom are extremely happy to be part of your family.

Just yesterday I launched a new business, startuprace.com, to help Startups get the resources they need efficiently and affordably. We’ll send our users to Survey Monkey and Zoom right from the start when they need to validate their business idea!

Regards,

Alex G

1. Hanna J says:

Alex – What an interesting perspective and bit of history! You are definitely an honorary Monkey. Thanks for sharing, and for the shout out. We wish you the best of luck with startuprace.com. We’ll keep you in mind in our business ventures as well. Thanks, and have a great week!

7. Is the MarketTools acquisition complete? How many employees joined SurveyMonkey as part of this transaction? Does anyone know?

1. Hanna J says:

Hi Krishna – The acquisition closed in January of this year. The Zoomerang, ZoomPanel, and TrueSample teams are all Monkeys now! Thanks for asking. Let us know if you have any more questions.

1. Hi Hanna – some more history on Markettools. I started Markettools in 1997 as a spin-off from my other company called Devsoft Corporation in Fremont, CA. I was the founding CEO and I partner and co-founder was Sohag Desai. The initial funding for the first version of the product came from an US Army SBIR project. We also raised angel funding from The Band of Angels. In 1998, Devsoft was acquired by Cisco Systems. Just before that acquisition, Sohag and I spun-off Markettools as a separate company. The new management later moved the company to San Francisco. I am proud to say I still own the first share in the company. I have some shares in Markettools but over the years the original share holders were diluted in a big way. I am still not sure who made money on this deal.

1. Hanna J says:

Hi Krishna – Talk about a history lesson! That is very cool. Thanks for filling in the gaps, and for checking out the SurveyMonkey blog! Let us know if you have any more questions or stories to share.