Online Surveys = Ongoing Insights

Embeds are Smart, Savvy, and Even Downright Sexy…

→
 →
Embeds are Smart, Savvy, and Even Downright Sexy…

What do Kara Swisher and Dr. Oz have in common? Well, besides being smart, savvy media personalities with distinct points of view, both are using SurveyMonkey embedded surveys to gather input from their audiences. So go ahead, weigh in on whether you think the Apple iPad is mobile or not:

And feel free to give your input on a more personal topic on Dr. Oz’s site:

Dr. Oz National Sex Survey

Either way, check out how using embedded surveys can engage readers, get structured feedback, and add interesting content to your site or blog.

Have a debate or juicy topic you’re gathering input on?  Do share.

Tags: , , , ,

14 thoughts on “Embeds are Smart, Savvy, and Even Downright Sexy…

1. Rob says:

First, you guys put together an awesome tool. Thanks for making it better by branching out with embeds.

Now, I wish it worked with WordPress!!! I’ve tried the embed code and it doesn’t show up whatsoever in a WordPress post entry. I’ve used iFrames, but you guys are already aware of the potential issues with that.

Is there a solution?

1. Anne R says:

Hi Rob–thanks for the great feedback. We use WordPress for this blog and have been able to have the embed code work. We did learn a few things along the way though–in certain circumstances, WordPress does strip out the javascript, so you have to watch out for that. We’ll look into what else might pose a problem and post back here with what we learn and some potential tips / ideas.

2. William J says:

Rob-
    I can definitely understand your frustration with trying to embed surveys in WordPress! It can definitely be a challenge depending on the setup. It is important to make a distinction between a hosted version of wordpress.org software, and the WordPress.com blog service. Although they are the same at their core, they can have some differences. I have set up several instances of the wordpress.org software myself, and found that certain user levels can embed code (like the blog editors and administrators), while other’s can’t as a security precaution built-in to the software. Take a look at what user level you are posting as.

Also, this resource may be helpful to you: http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Javascript

I hope this helps, and good luck with your survey making!

3. Charlie B says:

Anne R. How did you get it to work?

1. Anne R says:

Hi Charlie–we paste our embed code in the HTML tab of WordPress as we’re editing our blog posts. Let us know if you need help with implementing an embedded survey and / or if you encounter any issues. We definitely want to hear your feedback.

4. Rosie Taylor says:

I had to remove the tags and left the rest of the code and it worked fine. Just take out the ‘div id’ and the main div tag which immediately follows at the beginning and the closing div tag at the end of the code. The div tag within the embed is ok. Worked fine for me. Hope that helps. PS — I am not using the free WordPress. I’m on a WordPress host.

1. Anne R says:

Hi Rosie–thanks so much for the tips!

2. aarish says:

can you just post a picture showing the div id tag thing

5. Ali says:

I’ve just started using it, it’s really easy to use. I like it.

6. Jen M says:

I just went through the same challenge of trying to embed a SurveyMonkey survey in a WordPress page. I landed on this thread when trying to figure out how to get it to work and ended up documenting my solution since it took a bit of trial and error to get it to work. I thought others might find this helpful: http://www.rightbrainlogic.com/embed-a-surveymonkey-survey-in-a-wordpress-page/

1. Hanna J says:

Hi Jen – That is SO helpful. We Monkeys even struggle getting embedded surveys to format correctly sometimes (strip the

‘s…brilliant!). Thank you so much for being such a great, helpful member of the SurveyMonkey community. We appreciate you!
    2. Ayesha says:

It didn’t work for me… I went to the site and the host mentioned that she never used WordPress. I thought that was the intention of th blog…