Student Artist of the Month Nomination
1. Student Artist of the Month Program Description
One of the goals of the Appalachian Education Initiative is to recognize the outstanding achievements of students who excel in arts programs in West Virginia’s public schools and to celebrate their successes in all of their educational and extracurricular activities. By recognizing these students, AEI increases awareness that the arts make a real difference in the lives of students who have arts education opportunities and must be valued in the education of all students from pre-Kindergarten through 12th grades.
The Student Artist of the Month Program provides AEI and Chesapeake Energy with an opportunity to identify those students whose accomplishments in arts programs and activities are only one facet of their outstanding academic and community achievements. Each month, the Appalachian Education Initiative and Chesapeake Energy will recognize a West Virginia student for his/her achievements.
To be nominated a student must be:
• A junior or senior in a West Virginia public school
• Participate on an ongoing basis in an arts program and have mastered that art and/or progressed in the field as a result of school-related activities
• In good standing academically
• Participate in other extracurricular school or community activities that do not have to be related to the arts.