About the Mini-Grant:
Thanks to support of this year's sponsors, Alliance for Community Trees is able to offer extra support for local NeighborWoodsTM
Month events. The purpose of NeighborWoodsTM
Month Mini-Grants is to help nonprofit tree groups make their NeighborWoodsTM
Month events more visible and successful. Grants should enable you to raise awareness and visibility for your event, rather than be a determining factor in whether you organize an event. Eligible events involve the public during October in tree planting, tree care, education, and other activity that engages people in urban and community forestry. Envision the mini-grant from ACTrees as a way to accomplish something extra to promote your events.
: Suggested uses include:
* Order printed posters, banners, T-shirts, and other promotional items.
* Pay for a media service to disseminate press releases to get coverage for your event. (One example is U.S. Newswire)
* Hire a professional photographer or videographer.
* Purchase newspaper or radio ads.
* Create awards or recognition for elected leaders, volunteers, or partners involved in your events.
: Grant funds are not permitted to be used for the following program expenses:
* Personnel, including salaries and benefits.
* General office expenses, equipment, capital expenses, and overhead.
* Plant materials and planting supplies.
: ACTrees member organizations are eligible for up to $500 in cash assistance for one or more NeighborWoodsTM
Month events during October. You have likely already ordered your free gear. You may also apply your Mini-Grant to order additional gear like NeighborWoodsTM
Month posters, banners, door hangers, t-shirts, and kids' activity cards. Grants will be awarded on a first come-first served rolling basis.
* Eligible organizations must be active ACTrees members. If your organization is not a member, click here and join now.
* A minimum 1:1 in-kind or cash non-federal match is required. Staff time and volunteer time (valued at $21.36/hour) may be reported as matching support.
* Electronic outreach- including organization websites and e-newsletters- should display one of the NeighborWoods web banners or ribbons located at: NeighborWoodsMonth.org/ribbons.
* Printed materials- including press releases, Tshirts, other promotional materials, advertisements, etc., must include a NeighborWoods logo. They are available in JPG format at NeighborWoodsMonth.org/logos. A copy of each of the grant-funded materials should be forwarded to ACTrees.
* Spoken materials- including radio or voice advertisements- should credit: "This NeighborWoodsTM Month event is made possible through support from the Alliance for Community Trees." A copy of each of the materials should be forwarded to ACTrees.
: To ensure financial assistance and materials arrive timely, please make your request by September 16, 2011. After this date, call to confirm logistics.
: Complete the online application. Completed applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
: Your promotional materials will be shipped immediately. The cash portion of the Mini-Grant will be paid on a reimbursement basis as long as you meet the Grant Requirements. A post-event survey will be required to confirm results, including the match.