Call for Presentations 2013
Deadline: December 14
Announcing a Call for Presenters for the NAADAC 2013 Conference
Hosted by NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals and the Georgia Addiction Counselors Association (GACA).
Proposals are due by the close of business on December 14, 2012
The NAADAC 2013 Conference will be held in Atlanta, Ga., at the Intercontinental Buckhead hotel from October 11-14, 2013. NAADAC and its partners are calling for workshop proposals that offer unique educational experiences for addiction focused-professionals. Full conference details are available at www.naadac.org/conferences.
We are seeking current and relevant information addressing:
• Addiction education
• Adolescent treatment strategies
• Brain neurochemistry and recent advances
• Clinical supervision
• Cognitive behavioral therapy
• Co-occurring disorders
• Comparative effectiveness of addiction treatments
• Cross-cultural treatment strategies
• Families – history, therapy, courts, recovery
• Pain and addiction
• Post-traumatic stress disorder and addiction
• Psychopharmacology related to addiction
• Marijuana and designer drugs
• Medication Assisted Treatment and Recovery
• Recovery oriented practice
• Relapse prevention
• School-based services
• Spirituality and recovery
• Trauma and addiction
• Veterans and addiction
How will presenters be selected?
The Conference Committee will accept presenter applications until the close of business on December 14, 2012. Applications will be selected according to the following criteria:
1. All sections of the application are complete.
2. Presentation description is clearly written.
3. Learning objectives are clearly stated.
4. Session structure and organization are clearly defined.
5. Presenters have sufficient experience and knowledge of the subject matter.
Each presentation will be ranked out of ten points: three points for topic relevance; three points for a compelling description and use of evidence-based practices; three points for unique approach to/or delivery of the subject matter and one point for being a current NAADAC member.
What Resources Will be Available to Presenters?
1. The conference committee will consider proposals for 90 minute or three hour sessions. Because the conference committee will select a limited number of proposals, please assure that you do not have a scheduling conflict if your proposal is selected.
2. Presentation rooms will hold between 50-60 people depending on space configuration.
3. Invited presenters will be granted complimentary admission for the day they are presenting at the conference but will be responsible for their own travel, lodging arrangements and costs. Depending on the schedule, some meals may be provided. (Scholarships may be available through NAADAC. Contact Donovan Kuehn at email@example.com for an application form)
How Will I Know if I’ve Been Selected?
The Program Committee will contact chosen presenters by email by February 1, 2013. It is expressly understood that the presentation may be scheduled at any time on any of the conference dates at the discretion of the conference organizers. Please state if you have a day preference and your request will be considered if possible.
• All copies of handouts, presentations and any other materials must be submitted by July 1, 2013. If presenters wish to distribute additional materials, they are the responsibility of the presenter.
• A photo to be used in the conference program must be submitted in electronic format by July 1, 2013.
• Five assessment questions for session participants must be submitted by April 8, 2013.
• Presenters will be expected to sign an agreement if chosen to be present at the conference.
PROPOSAL DUE DATE: By the close of business on December 14, 2012
**Please share this with others who may be interested in submitting a proposal**