BEHIND THE LINES PARTICIPATION INFORMATION
• Participants who register their interest on this form will receive information about their selected options as soon as booking commences and workshop dates are released.
*****FIRST WORKSHOP DATES ARE NOW LIVE ON THE WEBSITE www.musicbehindthelines.org *****
• Participation in Behind the Lines activities is free of charge.
• Priority will be given to participants who live and work in the London boroughs: City of Westminster or Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
• However, interested participants from other areas may register their interest here to be put on a waiting list, and will be notified of any available spaces one week prior to events.
• Participants do not need to have prior musical experience, just an interest in either the subject matter or participatory music workshops with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
• Any level of musical ability is welcome and accessible instruments and resources will be provided.
• Participants who own and play instruments are encouraged to bring them along.
• Sessions will be hosted at Westminster Music Library.
• Sessions will be facilitated by a professional RPO workshop leader and team of three musicians from the Orchestra.
ADULT MUSIC WORKSHOPS
• A series of six independent music-making and exploratory workshops, examining key compositions and composers from the First World War through a creative approach.
• Sessions will take place on weekday afternoons at Westminster Music Library.
• These workshops are open to any ADULTS (18+).
• Carers will need to also reserve a place for themselves and will be encouraged to participate where appropriate.
FAMILY MUSIC WORKSHOPS
• A series of twelve interactive music workshops (6 per age group as outlined below) drawing upon key compositions and composers from the First World War to provide a fun musical introduction to classical music, professional musicians, and group music-making.
• Sessions will take place on Saturday mornings at Westminster Music Library.
• Session 1 will be a 60 minute workshop at 10am, and will be specifically for EARLY YEARS (2-5years) participants.
• Session 2 will be a 90 minute workshop at 11:30am, and will be specifically for PRIMARY SCHOOL (5-11years) participants.
• Each child place reserved will be entitled to one accompanying adult who can participate with their child/children.
• A four day Creative Summer School celebrating the music and composers of the First World War. Participants will explore numerous key compositions and composers, drawing upon the resources and works held in the collections at Westminster Music Library, and devise their own new musical compositions in response to these works, supported by the musical expertise of 5 professional musicians and leaders from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
• The Summer School will culminate in a grand finale performance alongside musicians from the Orchestra to an audience of friends, family and special guests.
• Dates are to be confirmed, but the summer school will take place over four consecutive days in July or August 2014.
• The course is open to young people from Year 6 – Year 11 (aged 10-16 years old) and participants will work in two groups.
• Group 1 (Years 6-9) will attend 3 morning workshops followed by a joint final day culminating in performance.
• Group 2 (Years 10-11) will attend 3 afternoon workshops followed by a joint final day culminating in performance.