Youth Advisory Council Application 2013
National Youth Advisory Council Application and Instructions
Keep America Beautiful is accepting applications for the National Youth Advisory Council! This is a unique opportunity for ten high school students (15-18 years old) from diverse backgrounds across the nation to participate in a service-learning and leadership development program. Participants will contribute to and inform KAB on programs while acting as ambassadors and leaders for youth service in their communities.
The National Youth Advisory Council creates a framework for youth engagement. KAB is seeking to infuse the youth voice into our programs and build on the model of youth leadership seen in our local and state affiliates. Members will serve as ambassadors and represent KAB within their community and state. YAC members will participate in the KAB National Conference and produce materials to distribute to the KAB affiliate network.
Thanks to the generous support of the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co. Foundation, the National Youth Advisory Council will provide youth with the opportunity to:
• Engage in creative work with a nonprofit organization focused on litter prevention, beautification and community greening and waste reduction and recycling
• Partner with like-minded youth with unique perspectives from across the country
• Inform KAB on programs while learning about approaches for engaging youth in community service
• Act as a service-learning ambassador in their community and state by playing a leadership role in engaging youth in service and service-learning
Youth interested in applying must meet the following criteria:
• Be between 15-18 years old by June 1, 2013
• Be enrolled in high school (in grades 10, 11 or 12) in September 2013
• Be a USA resident and citizen
• Be able to commit to a term from June 2013 - June 2014 including a minimum of 1 hour per month
• Be available to travel on an expense-paid, youth leadership training as part of the KAB National Conference (tentatively travel for member will be covered by KAB for 2014 National Conference)
• Be available via phone and internet for monthly webinar meetings with fellow Council members
• Be able to provide feedback and participate in program evaluations
To learn more about Keep America Beautiful visit www.kab.org.
Applications accepted through Friday, May 31, 2013 5:00 pm Hawaii Standard Time. If you need assistance please contact Cecile Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.659.3030 or text to 940.230.6035.
You may download the application and learn more about 2012-2013 members at this site
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS COMPLETING THE ON-LINE APPLICATION, PLEASE CONTACT CECILE TO GET INSTRUCTION ON SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION VIA EMAIL.
Criteria for selection will include, but not be limited to, geographic location, writing ability, leadership skills demonstrated, ability to commit time to serve on council, and focus area distribution.