1. English Dance Week at Pinewoods Questionnaire 2012
Thank you for registering for Pinewoods English Dance Week. Please look over this schedule and tell us your class preferences and comments. Please note that the on-line schedule and class descriptions were changed in early March; if you looked prior to that, you may want to go back to the website to see the changes. You are not committing to these classes – we use this to decide which hall to hold each class in and to finalize the schedule.
Definition of An Experienced Dancer:
• is familiar with all of the basic figures
• dances smoothly, with good flow, weight, carriage, and phrasing
• is able to help other dancers with nonverbal cues
• and can recover quickly and gracefully from any mistakes
In addition to dancing there will be plenty of singing, playing music and general merriment. Bring your instruments, your costumes, your voice and your songs. If you'd like to host an all-camp party, the hour between the last class and dinner is a great time for it. The following late-night activities are already planned:
• Pub Night and Ceilidh Dance Party: On one occasion during the week the evening dance party will start in C# with historical-style dances, move to C# Minor for Ceilidh dancing, and then progress on to the Camphouse for a pub sing. This will be an evening of entertainments, dancing, munchies, potables, singing and more dancing! Come prepared!
• Auction: The auction raises money for CDSS scholarships and special projects. We welcome your specialty items and services to help in this worthy endeavor.
• Staff Night Off, Morris Tour and Camper-Led Dance: On Wednesday evening the regular program is suspended after the last class. Some people go out to dinner in nearby towns or visit the ocean; others elect to stay at camp and enjoy dinner and a camper-led dance. A morris dance tour is sometimes organized by campers and is an opportunity to enjoy dancing for tourists in Plymouth before going out to eat. We will be looking early in the week for volunteers to organize the tour and the evening dance. Bring your instruments, dance notes, and morris kit!
• TalentFest: On Thursday night, after the evening dance, we will gather in the Camphouse to share skits, music and dance performances, recitations, and more. What can you present?
We're going to have a great week! I look forward to seeing you.
Brad Foster, Program Director