ASCLA 2014 Annual and 2014 Midwinter Program Proposal and Preconference Form
ASCLA Annual & Midwinter Program & Preconference Proposal Form
Proposals are due Wednesday, JULY 31, for the 2014 Annual Conference & Midwinter Meeting. The ASCLA Conference Program Coordinating Committee will review proposals and forward recommended proposals (along with recommendations regarding funding) to the ASCLA Board for approval. Proposers will be notified by Sept. 1 of the status of their proposal.
The ASCLA Conference Program Coordinating Committee (CPCC) will be using the following criteria as it evaluates program proposals:
• Topic is timely and relevant to the membership
• Topic is not already, or has not been recently, addressed by another ASCLA program
• Expertise of speaker(s)
• Program objectives are clearly articulated
• Funding is secured if required
• Anticipated attendance
• The program may be prioritized if the section has not presented a program recently
The ASCLA CPCC may recommend that a proposed program be co-sponsored with another ASCLA interest group or ALA unit, be offered instead as a discussion, or offered instead as an online webinar.
For your reference, a PDF version of this form may also be found on the ASCLA Program Planning page: http://www.ala.org/ascla/accessascla/programplanning
This form is to be used by ASCLA interest groups who wish to organize:
1. An Institute at the ALA Midwinter Meeting in January 2014 in Philadelphia, PA
[An “Institute” is the Midwinter version of a Preconference. It would likely be held on Friday, January 24, 2014. Institutes are usually a half day or a full day.];
2. A Preconference at the ALA Annual Conference in June 2014 in Las Vegas, NV [To likely be held on Friday, June 27, 2014. Preconferences are usually a half day or a full day.];
3. A Program at the ALA Annual Conference in June 2014 in Las Vegas, NV [To be held on Saturday, June 28; Sunday, June 29; or Monday, June 20, 2014. Program times of 60 or 90 minutes are available.].