Land Trust Alliance 2013 Policy Priorities Survey
1. Help Set Land Trust Alliance Policy Priorities for 2013
The Land Trust Alliance wants your input on our policy work for 2013 – because our bottom line is how we can best help you meet your conservation goals.
Our priorities memo (www.lta.org/policy/documents/priorities-memo) outlines the following potential areas for our policy work:
1. Defend federal tax benefits for land trusts and their donors
2. Improve IRS administration of the rules governing conservation donations
3. Maximize federal conservation funding
4. Help land trusts be more active and effective policy advocates
5. Help land trusts get involved in creating state and local funding and tax incentives
6. Help land trusts respond to attacks on their work
The Alliance works on other issues, but these are priorities that hopefully reflect the issues that are most important for advancing land trusts’ conservation work across the country. None of these are one-year projects, so we are moving away from annual prioritization to take a broader look at our policy objectives. We are particularly interested in comments that help us understand how we can more effectively engage your land trust and its members as effective advocates for land conservation.
There’s lots of background in our priorities memo (www.lta.org/policy/documents/priorities-memo) and we hope you'll consider it in responding to this questionnaire.
You can also share your opinion in person at Rally 2012 - join us for Workshop D-18 "Public Policy 2012 Update and 2013 Forum" on Tuesday, October 2, 10:30am - 12:00pm in Room 251A.
We hope you'll choose to answer the entire survey, but please feel free to skip over any questions not relevant to you.