Immediate Product Recall Posting Notification for LG Electric Ranges
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), LG Electronics Inc. has issued a voluntary recall on certain electric ranges sold between 2006 and 2010. The burners can fail to turn off after being switched off and the temperature setting can increase unexpectedly during use, posing burn and fire hazards to consumers.
Consumers who own one of these ranges should immediately stop using the range, and contact LG at the toll-free number listed below to schedule a free in-home repair.
These are discontinued items, but limited quantities of inventory still exist in some stores. A stop sale has been put in place for the following ranges that were carried in our stores. Store should immediately remove any remaining units from the sales floor.
D22/Item # UPC LG Model #
64192 0-4823131605-7 LRE30757SW
64193 0-4823131604-0 LRE30757ST
64199 0-4823131606-4 LRE30757SB
64263 0-4823131601-9 LRE30955ST
64352 0-4823131608-8 LRE30453SW
64353 0-4823131607-1 LRE30453ST
64359 0-4823131609-5 LRE30453SB
8483 0-4823131561-6 LRE30451ST
8485 0-4823131559-3 LRE30451SW
8489 0-4823131560-9 LRE30451SB
Immediate Action Required:
• Advise all appropriate associates of this recall.
• Review the sales floor (including any clearance areas), stockroom, and receiving dock areas for any of these ranges.
Review current layaways:
o Notify customer that the item cannot be purchased.
o Suggest an alternate item.
o Make adjustments to the layaway plan as necessary.
• Place all quantities found in the Merchandise Pick-Up area and place the attached MC&C Hold Notice on the product stating “Not for Sale – Hold Pending Disposition”.
• Stores must attach a copy of this communication to the merchandise so the merchandise can be readily located and identified when disposition instructions are issued.
• Print and post the recall poster at Merchandise Pick-Up until March, 8 2013 using the link provided below. ALL STORES ARE REQUIRED TO POST THE RECALL POSTER, EVEN IF THEY DID NOT CARRY THE ITEMS. The CPSC will be deploying its investigators to make sure that these Recall Posters are posted.
New Jersey – Posting Requirements
Stores in New Jersey must post the Safety Notification poster in the locations listed below. State and County Consumer Affairs Officials will be monitoring adherence to these requirements.
• At the original point of display(s)
• At each register
• At the front of the store
• Upon posting of the retail poster, complete the Survey Monkey below by 12:00 P.M. on Tuesday, November 13, 2012.
Customers who have questions regarding the recall should contact LG toll-free at (855) 400-4638 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. through 2 p.m. Saturday, or visit the firm’s website at www.LG.com/us and click on Public Notices in the Customer Services section for more information.