Diversity at Foreign Enterprises in China Survey
 

1. Introduction

 
Welcome to the “Diversity at Foreign Enterprises in China Survey” initiated by British Council and IBM. The research aims to understand the current situation of foreign corporations implementing policies on diversity.

欢迎参加由英国大使馆文化教育处和IBM发起的“关于中国外资企业多元化问题的调查”研究项目。此项研究旨在了解外资企业多元化政策实施的情况。

The findings will help us understand the business case for embedding diversity into business operation of multinational companies.

研究的结果能够促进跨国公司是如何将多元化融入企业运营中的理解。

Anonymity for Companies: The survey findings will be collated and a summary report written with a key focus on the sectors that are a priority for the parties involved. CSR Asia, which we commissioned to conduct the survey and report on the findings. Company’s name will NOT be mentioned in the report but used as a data source for the analysis. The findings of this survey will be published and made publicly available.

企业名称将不会在报告中公开披露:这次调查委托CSR Asia,根据此项问卷调查数据并提交总结报告。对参与各方所关注的问题,该报告将作重点阐述。各企业的问卷只作为最终报告的数据来源,报告中不会提及各家企业的名字。调查结果会向大众公布并印刷。

What’s in it for you and your company?
The benefits include engaging potential and existing customers and stakeholders, highlighting corporate social responsibility and strengthening relations with the media and general public. This will include
 Opportunities to attend seminars to share best practices and to network with the international business community
 Complimentary admission to the Gala Dinner for the press release and results announcement on 22nd June
 Complimentary copies of the publication with diversity survey results

参与利益?
此项研究能给您和贵司的工作带来诸多益处,例如可以促进与现有和潜在客户以及利益相关方的关系,增进对企业社会责任的重要性的认识,加强与媒体和公众的影响力。
参与此项调查,您可以获得如下机会:
 获邀参加相关专题研讨会,与其它跨国公司同行交流,分享最佳策略和案例
 获邀参加6月22日的晚宴暨新闻发布及研究结果公布会
 获赠此次企业多元化调查结果的印刷品

Instructions:

 The questionnaire must be submitted by 17 June 2010.
 The questionnaire has 31 questions and will take you 10-15 minutes to complete.
 This questionnaire is for the attention of Company Secretaries, HR Managers, Communications Managers, CSR Managers or other CSR related departments, but it might require input from different departments where relevant. Please allow time to coordinate their involvement.

说明:
 此调查问卷须在2010年6月17日前提交;
 此调查问卷包含31个问题,大概占用您10-15分钟的时间作答;
 此调查问卷建议由贵公司的行政秘书、人力资源主管、公关经理、企业社会责任经理或其它企业社会责任有关部门参与填写,若有需要也请其他相关部门一起参与。希望您能安排足够时间让这些部门一起参与。

If you have any further questions or technical difficulties in completing the questionnaire please contact: Ms Anita Wong at CSR Asia, +852 3579 8079 or cswong@csr-asia.com

若您有其他疑问或在填写问卷过程中遇到技术问题,请联系CSR Asia的黃小姐:+852 3579 8079 或 cswong@csr-asia.com

How we will score your company:
Performance in relation to each question will be measured numerically by using a scoring system of 0 and 1. The overall score for each question will be based whether the company adopts/ implements the indicated policy or practice.
Each dimension will have a total allowable score, which will be translated into a total mark out of 100.

我们将如何评价贵公司:

贵公司在每个问题上的相关表现会被记为1分或0分。得分基于贵公司是否采取/实施了问卷所提到的政策/做法。

贵公司在多元化的每个方面将会有相应得分,总分最后将换算为百分制。
Scope of the Survey:

The scope of the survey covers operations in China mainland only.

调查范围:

调查范围仅限贵公司在中国大陆境内经营的企业。

1. Company details
公司基本信息:

2. Respondent details (Person to be contacted in case of questions)
答卷者基本信息:

3. What information on the demographic profile of your staff does your company currently collect?
贵公司的雇员档案中记录了雇员的以下哪些信息?

 Do not collect 没有记录Collect some data 部分记录Collect all data 均有记录
Age 年龄
Gender 性别
Disability 残障
Ethnic group 种族
GLBT 性取向(GLBT is an initialism referring collectively to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people GLBT是一个缩写,泛指女同性恋者,男同性恋者,双性恋者和跨性别人士。)
Religion 宗教
Health status 健康状况

4. Does your company have a formal written policy on equal opportunities/ diversity/inclusive?
在提供平等机会、倡导多元化或包容性方面,贵公司有正式成文的政策吗?

5. Does the policy specifically address equality of treatment or anti-discrimination on any of the grounds listed below?
贵公司会针对以下哪种不同的雇员身份背景而提出特别的平等待遇和反歧视政策?

6. Do you have specialized manpower/committee in charge of diversity issue in your company?
贵公司会否特别委任相关人员或委员会专门处理有关多元化议题?

7. Does the diversity of your staff (especially in leadership positions) reflect the diversity in your customer base or the general population as a business strategy?
员工(特别是高级管理人员)的构成是否反映了贵公司的客户或一般人口的多样性状况,并将其作为商业战略考虑?

8. Does your company promote equal opportunity in the recruitment, promotion and compensation?
贵公司是否在员工招聘、提拔和薪酬福利上提供平等机会?

9. Does your company provide diversity orientation for new employee and follow up sessions for all staff?
贵公司是否会针对不同身份背景的雇员进行多元化的入职培训和后续培训?

10. Does your company have any management system in place or working committee which is responsible for issues on diversity?
贵公司是否有合适的管理体系或工作委员会处理公司的多元化问题?

11. Does your company include diversity issues into the appraisal of senior managerial staff?
贵公司在对高层管理人员考核的内容中是否涉及多元化问题?

12. Do you track and report diversity issues in your company?
您是否会追踪公司的多元化问题并作出报告?

13. Do you have any other good practices to promote diversity and/or inclusivity in your company?
您是否采取其它良好的措施来提倡公司的多元化和/或包容性?

14. Does your company have a system in place in relation to overtime compensation?
贵公司是否有雇员加班补偿的合适体系?

15. Does your company have any flexible working options for staff?
贵公司是否有弹性的工作机制?

16. Does your company have a practice to employ old age workers?
贵公司会否雇用上年纪的雇员?

17. Does your company provide special training to young and old people in order to provide job opportunities to them?
贵公司是否为年轻人或上年纪的人提供特别培训,让他们能获得工作机会?

18. Does your company provide flexible working options for employees who have children at home?
对家里有孩子的雇员,贵公司是否提供弹性的工作选择?

19. Does your company provide paternity leave for fathers?
贵公司会否给男性雇员放陪产假?

20. Does your company provide barrier-free facilities for disabled staff?
贵公司是否为残障人士提供无障碍设施?

21. In your company, are there any unions formed by staffs from the same ethnic group expressing their interests?
贵公司是否有来自相同种族的雇员自组团体并表达他们的利益诉求?

22. Does your company have any specific initiative on GLBT issue 在雇员性取向多元化(GLBT)问题上,贵公司有否采取具体措施?
GLBT is an initialism referring collectively to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.
GLBT是一个缩写,泛指女同性恋者,男同性恋者,双性恋者和跨性别人士

23. Does your company face challenges in promoting equal opportunity on staff with different sexual preference?
面对不同性取向的雇员,在提供平等机会的问题上,贵公司是否感到进退两难?

24. In your company, are there any unions or groups formed by staffs with same sexual orientation expressing their interests?

25. Does your company allow staffs who are from the same religion to form unions expressing their interests?
贵公司是否允许有相同宗教信仰的雇员自组团体并表达他们的利益诉求?

26. Does your company entitle special leaves for staff to join their religion activities?
贵公司是否对有宗教信仰的雇员准予假期参加宗教活动?

27. Does your company require staff to conduct body check on hepatitis B and HIV / AIDS regularly?
贵公司是否要求雇员定期检查乙型肝炎和艾滋病?

28. Does your company have any policy to deal with staffs that have hepatitis B and HIV / AIDS?

29. Does your company perform employee satisfaction surveys?
贵公司是否有进行雇员满意度调查?

30. What percentage of employees was covered by the survey in the past financial year and what was the overall level of satisfaction?
在过去的一个财政年度中,贵公司有多大比例的雇员参与了满意度调查?总体满意度是多少?

31. Do you wish to showcase a best practice in Diversity for your company?
您是否愿意展示贵公司在多元化问题上的最佳策略?