REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS 2012 Un/Conference
Submit Your Idea for the 2012 Un/Conference!
Founded in 2009, Minnesota Rising is the network of emerging leaders in Minnesota. Minnesota Rising works to build relationships, trust, and a shared vision for the future of Minnesota, and engages emerging leaders and young professional organizations to work toward that call both now and in the future. Through Minnesota Rising’s online presence, annual Un/Conference, Minnesota Rising Council, and research, we are building the collective capacity of this generation for impacting Minnesota's future.
The Minnesota Rising 2011 Un/Conference: Leveraging Expansive Leadership for Our Minnesota will be held on Saturday, September 22, 2012 from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM at DLR Group Minneapolis, 520 Nicollet Mall, Suite 200, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
The daylong Un/Conference will bring together emerging leaders for innovative learning and dialogue, skills-building, and network-building with their peers. Content for the Un/Conference is developed by and for emerging leaders in our community in order to showcase this generation’s talent and knowledge.
The Un/Conference is one strategy that Minnesota Rising is pursuing to engage emerging leaders and young professionals organizations. The Un/Conference is an energizing day of innovative learning, skill-building, and relationship-building with peers.
1. Leadership of emerging leader and young professional groups
2. Members of and volunteers for emerging leader and young professional groups
3. Emerging Minnesotans passionate about impacting the future of our state
GUIDELINES FOR BREAKOUT SESSION PROPOSALS
We are looking for proposals for 50-minute breakout sessions that fit the following 2012 Un/Conference Theme of Leveraging Expansive Leadership for Our Minnesota.
TYPES OF SESSIONS
We aim to be intentional about developing breakout sessions formats that are engaging and designed to foster shared dialogue, transfer knowledge, or teach skills. As such, we ask that you select one of the following session formats and that you work to build interactive components into your presentation program and style. Our Content Committee is more than happy to work with you to further develop your session design, implementation, and outcomes.
• Presentation (Stand up and there and tell it like is!)
• Workshop (Guide participants through a collaborative or individual work session)
• Conversation Circle (Facilitate a group dialogue moving toward clarity or action)
• Panel Dialogue (Organize key thinkers to spark audience engagement and discussion)
• Show and Tell (4 minute showcase of your innovative idea, program, or initiative)