TRAUMA AND THE SEX TRADE: A Training for Therapists and Mental Health Providers
1. TRAUMA AND THE SEX TRADE: A Training for Therapists and Mental Health Providers
with LESLIE BRINER, MSW
DATE: Monday, October 28, 2013
TIME: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.; Registration at 8:30am
LOCATION: Seattle Municipal Tower - Room 4050/4060 (40th Floor); 700 - Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA.
COST: $25 (No Refund for more information please call)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Monday, October 21, 2013; 5pm. Space is limited!
This 6-hour training is designed for therapists and clinicians. The workshop will provide in-depth knowledge about the prevalence of harm, violence and trauma experienced by sexually exploited people. Participants will also learn how integrative recovery models and evidence-based interventions are used to support survivors through their recovery process.
• Increase understanding of what it means to be in the sex trade
• Consider personal and societal beliefs and biases about people in the sex trade
• Identify types of harm, violence and trauma experienced by sexually exploited people
• Become familiar with relevant research, focusing specifically on the prevalence of complex PTSD
• Learn and practice useful interventions based on an integrative model of recovery