Community Sourced Knitwear Design
*** Note: this survey assumes that you have an interest in knitwear designing. If not, probably best not fill it in!
Here at Grannies, Inc. we are always looking for new ways to engage the community in our activities, concept and products. We are currently researching the idea of 'Community Sourced Knitwear Design' and wondered if you could help us out with your opinion on the subject?
How we see it working is as follows:
- Periodically, we invite knitwear designers, students, crafters and creatives to submit their knitwear designs to us given a specific theme (such as 'Christmas jumper' or 'scarf').
- Submissions are made through our website and once the deadline has passed the designs, along with an estimated RRP, are put to the public vote where anyone can vote and comment on the designs.
- After a certain amount of voting time a winner is picked and their design is made available to purchase from our website.
- On top of the publicity of having their designs turned into reality, a financial reward will be given to the winner.
Some key design criteria:
1. The designs need to include at least 3 customisable parts, besides colour (such as a jumper available with short, 3/4 or long sleeves or a scarf available in a number of different stitches widths or lengths).
2. Production costs must be considered in the design (a very fine or complex knit will cost much more to produce so it must be considered whether people will pay this)
3. Yarns chosen must be easily sourced and available in a range of colours.
If you could take a few minutes to answer the questions below we would be most grateful.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING US BECOME THE BEST WE CAN BE!