INTRODUCTION TO NATIONAL OCCUPATIONAL STANDARDS
National Occupational Standards (NOS) are ‘the measurable performance outcomes an individual is expected to reach in a given occupation’. They are the building blocks for defining competence in all sectors of the UK economy.
The NOS for Human Resources (HR) are made up of work-related statements which identify the skills, knowledge and understanding that HR professionals need to carry out their roles.
NOS are concerned with what people can do, not just what they know. They promote industry best practice, and have been developed by industry practitioners covering all industry sectors.
NOS are developed by Sector Skills Councils or Standard Setting Organisations, in this instance CFA Business Skills @ Work, in partnership with CIPD, employers and sector organisations.
This questionnaire is made up of:
1. Five questions which are generic to you and the organisation / sector you work in.
2. Five questions about each particular NOS. You can comment on as many or as few of the NOS as you like.
3. Questions about the HR Behaviours.
4. A question about the functions used in HR.
5. An option to provide your details for further contact.
Thank you very much for completing this questionnaire.