Maine Department of Education Application for Approved Status as an Online Learning Provider
1. ME Department of Education
Application for Approved Status as an Online Learning Provider
The Maine Online Learning Program was established to provide high-quality educational options for kindergarten to grade 12 students in this State using online learning programs and courses.
The goals of the program are to:
1. Create opportunity. Create educational opportunities for students in this State that may not exist without such technology.
2. Close achievement gap. Close the achievement gap between high-performing and low-performing students, including the gap between minority and nonminority students and between economically disadvantaged students and their more advantaged peers.
3. Educational options. Use existing educational resources, along with technology, to provide parents a broader range of educational options and to help students in the State improve their academic achievement.
4. Public school educational opportunities. Increase the capacity of school administrative units to provide public school educational opportunities for students whose educational needs are not being met in the regular public school program.