2013 Balasi Public Speaking Competition
Present your persuasive speech from 1310/1390 for your chance to win $500!
Preliminary Round: December 2, 6:00 - 7:30 pm (contestants arrive at 5:30, check in at Coleman 1210)
Final Round: December 3, 6:30 - 8:30 (contestants arrive at 6:00, check in at Buzzard Hall Auditorium 1501)
Where: 1210 Coleman (on 12/2) and Buzzard Hall Auditorium (on 12/3)
Who: Any student enrolled in CMN 1310/1390 this semester
Why: Prizes! $500 for 1st Place, $300 for 2nd Place, $100 for 3rd Place
All contestants will compete in the break-out preliminary rounds on Monday 12/2 in Coleman Hall (check in at Coleman 1210 at 5:30). The top ranked speakers will advance to the final round on Tuesday 12/3 (check in at Buzzard Auditorium 1501 at 6:00).
Guidelines for Participation:
1. The speech must be a 7-9 minute persuasive speech
2. The competition is open to students who are enrolled in CMN 1310/1390 this semester.
3. The speech must be the original work of the contestant.
4. You may use notecards or a manuscript to deliver your speech.
5. Extemporaneous delivery is expected (do not read your speech).
6. You may use visual aids, bring them on a flash drive and/or email to yourself.
7. All speeches will be evaluated using the same “Speech Rating Scale.”
8. Students who participate must be available on both evenings of the competition. Arrival time is 5:30 on 12/2 (check in Coleman 1210) and those who advance to the final round will need to arrive at 6:00 on 12/3 (check in Buzzard 1501).
For more information contact Dr. Rich Jones firstname.lastname@example.org, 581-3324, Coleman 2037
CLICK SUBMIT TO ENTER YOUR INFORMATION