Guidelines for Participation:
1. The speech must be a 7-9 minute persuasive speech (speeches that are under or over this time limit will automatically be docked a rank)
2. The competition is open to students who are enrolled in CMN 1310/1390 this semester.
3. The speech must be the original work of the contestant.
4. You may use notecards or a manuscript to deliver your speech.
5. Extemporaneous delivery is expected (do not read your speech).
6. You may use visual aids, bring them on a flash drive and/or email to yourself.
7. All speeches will be evaluated using the same “Speech Rating Scale.” Click here to see the evaluation sheet.
8. Students who participate must be available on both evenings of the competition. Arrival time is 5:30 on 12/03 and those who advance to the final round will need to arrive at 5:30 on 12/04.
For more information contact Dr. Rich Jones email@example.com, 581-3324, Coleman 2037