Statement of Rider’s Responsibility and Liability Waiver For Use Of A Nice Ride Minnesota (“NRM”) Bicycle For An Event or Group Ride
I am a competent bicycle operator, and am sufficiently physically fit to safely operate a bicycle. I have received any necessary medical clearances for such physical activity. NRM is not responsible for injury, damage or liability resulting from my misrepresentation of competence or physical fitness to safely operate a bicycle.
I understand and agree to the following:
• Riding a bicycle involves risks, dangers and hazards. These risks, dangers, and hazards may result in injury or death to myself or others, as well as damage to property. There are risks associated with the use of any bicycle which cannot be predicted or avoided and which are the sole responsibility of the rider. If my use of a NRM bicycle causes injury or damage to another person or property, I may be liable for such injury or damage and associated expenses. By choosing to ride a bicycle, I assume all responsibility for the risks, hazards, and dangers that it involves.
• Riding a bicycle is a physical activity. Like any physical activity, riding a bicycle may cause minor or major injuries or discomfort, and may worsen or complicate underlying medical conditions or diseases. By choosing to ride a NRM bicycle, I assume all responsibility for all such injuries or other medical conditions.
• State and local laws require me to obey the rules of the road while riding a bicycle. There are state and local laws applying specifically to bicycle riders. I will follow all applicable state and local laws.
• Bicycles are machines that may malfunction, and such malfunctions may cause injury. Malfunctions may occur unexpectedly even if a bicycle is maintained properly. Before riding a NRM bicycle, I will conduct a safety inspection of the bicycle which includes inspection and checking for the following: proper tire pressure, trueness of the wheels, safe operation of the brakes and lights, and any signs of damage, excessive wear, or other mechanical problems or maintenance needs. I will not ride the bicycle if I notice any mechanical problem or other safety issue; I will notify NRM of the problem and use a different bicycle.
• Wearing a Snell, CPSC, ANSI, or ASTM approved helmet, properly fitted and fastened, while cycling may protect against some injury, or lessen the severity of an injury, caused by impact to the head. Bicycle helmets are not 100% effective, will not protect against all head injuries and do not protect against other injuries. Although Minnesota state law does not require bicycle riders to wear helmets, NRM recommends that all riders wear a Snell, CPSC, ANSI, or ASTM approved helmet which has been properly sized and fitted according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
• NRM is not responsible for any injury or damage resulting from (a) any of the risks, hazards and dangers described above, (b) my failure to comply with my agreements herein or (c) my failure to wear a bicycle helmet while riding a NRM bicycle.
• I must report all accidents and injuries involving a NRM bicycle to competent authorities and to Customer Service at 1-877-551-6423 as soon as possible.
I understand that:
• NRM may make bicycles unavailable for rental in some conditions. The fact that a bicycle is available for rental does not mean that it is safe to ride the bicycle in prevailing weather or traffic conditions.
• NRM may require me to return a bicycle at any time.
• NRM does not provide, or maintain, places on which to ride bicycles. NRM does not guarantee that there will always be a safe place to ride a bicycle. Roads, bicycle lanes and bicycle routes may become dangerous due to weather, traffic, or other hazards.
CONTINUED ON PAGE 2