WHAT IS RMA TEENS?
See what a year at the Museum can do for you! RMA Teens is a free after-school program for high school students with a strong interest in art or careers in the arts. Participants get a behind the scenes look at how a museum operates, explore career paths in the arts, and gain access to one of the best collections of Himalayan art in the world. Students are invited to make the museum a place of their own while having exciting opportunities to:
• Explore the art and culture of Tibet, India, Nepal, China, and beyond
• Be creative with art-making workshops that explore silk-screening, Himalayan painting, and more
• Create a gallery resource for teens that will be distributed at the museum
• Get career guidance and work closely with museum curators, artists, and arts professionals
• Take regular dynamic NYC trips to explore related cultural treasures and the hottest art events
Students who participate in RMA Teens for one year are eligible to design teen events and give tours of the museum to visitors get paid doing it through the Teen Guide Council Program!
WHEN DOES RMA TEENS TAKE PLACE?
RMA Teens meets every Thursday from 4-6pm from October 11, 2012 through early June 2013. STUDENTS MUST COMMIT TO ONE YEAR OF ATTENDING ALL MEETINGS.
WHO CAN JOIN?
NYC area high school students.
WHERE WILL WE MEET?
RMA Teens will meet at the Rubin Museum of Art, located at 150 West 17th Street, between 6th and 7th avenues.
HOW DO I JOIN?
Interested teens fill out this online application and will be contacted by the Rubin Museum for an interview. I selected for the program, you will be notified within a month of your interview.
*TO FILL OUT AN ONLINE APPLICATION FOR RMA TEENS, CLICK "NEXT".