NetHope Academy Internship Program - Intern Commitments
The purpose of this survey is to gather input from NetHope members and other organizations/companies that want to participate in the NetHope Academy Intern program.
Organizations benefit when they host interns by:
1. Increasing your IT capacity with skilled staff at a reasonable cost
2. Offloading basic and operational tasks to local IT talent so that more senior staff can focus on more "mission critical" and strategic tasks.
3. Allowing your organization to "test drive" interns that may be candidates to work for your organization.
4. Helping build local capacity (which is consistent with your organization/company mission).
5. Providing an opportunity for managers in your organization to develop their mentoring and people management skills.
There are two parts to this survey and it should only take 10 minutes to complete.
a. We seek to get specific input about internships in countries that we have definitely decided to do in 2012. Those countries are: Haiti, Dominican Republic, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan, South Africa and Ghana.
b. We will ask for your recommendations on other countries in sub Saharan Africa that we should consider for 2012.
You may forward this survey link to others in your organization who can answer all or some of the questions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond.