This survey is a non-binding statement of interest that will put you on the waiting list for exclusive access to your own micro-studio at Artisan's Asylum, a 40,000 square foot community workshop at 10 Tyler Street, Somerville MA. People on this waiting list will be contacted roughly in chronological order as the size of space they're interested in becomes available.
Studio spaces are available as an optional addition to membership at the Asylum, and come with the following perks:
- Wireless internet access
- 30-day-notice license agreements for membership and private workspace
- Air conditioning and heating
- Limited on-site, off-street parking
- First floor working space with leveled concrete flooring
- Access to a tractor-trailer loading dock and floor-level double doors
- Single electrical outlet
- Dumpster outside for trash pickup
- Proximity to equipment for precision machining, metalworking, welding, woodworking, electronics/robotics assembly, sewing, screen-printing, bicycle repair, and high-tech computerized manufacturing.
Studio spaces are available at the following prices, to members holding the following types of membership:
- Studio workspace come in 50 ($100/month), 75 ($150/month), 100 ($200/month), 200 ($400/month), and 250 square foot ($500/month) lots.
- All studio rental fees are in addition to membership fees. 75, 100, 200, and 250 square foot lots require holders to maintain a 24-hour access membership (currently $150 per month), or to share a space between multiple members each holding a $100 membership of Weekdays or Nights & Weekends. 50 square foot rental spaces can be rented by a monthly member with any $100 or greater membership type.
- Small-scale storage is available; if you're interested, see [link to new survey].