Fall 2013 Transportation Services New Hire Application
1. Job Descriptions for Application
The Transportation Office is seeking to hire Student Transportation Employees for fall 2013.
Transportation Employees job:
Operators will drive a designated route to which they have been assigned. They will be responsible for filling out the pre-driving and post-driving vehicle log prior to and after driving their route. Operators will be responsible for keeping a record of the passengers that they pick up and drop off at each location. A new vehicle log will be filled out for every shift. Other responsibilities may include, assisting Supervisors with filling the vehicles with gas, cleaning the shuttle, and operating the wheelchair lifts.
Co-Operators are responsible in assisting the Operator with all the aspects of his/her job that do not pertain to driving.
Dispatchers are responsible for assisting Supervisors with answering phone calls, completing a dispatch log, and filling out a message log if necessary. A new dispatch log needs to be filled out for each shift.
• Valid driver’s license
• Current registered student at UMass Lowell
• Clean driving record
• Clean University judicial record
• Job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
• Job offer for this position is contingent on passing of a defensive driving course
• Drug testing may be conducted, employees will be required to pass