Reducing food carbon emissions in Didsbury
One of the most effective ways of cutting greenhouse gas emissions is by considering the food on our plates.
Didsbury Dinners (http://didsburydinners.wordpress.com/) is a community project that aims to get us all doing just that. One of our main projects is producing and distributing Didsbury Dinners: The Low-Carbon Community Cookbook. We've been investing the sales proceeds in local food sustainability projects (see http://goo.gl/h0khm).
This survey is to find out how Didsbury residents and businesses would like this money to be spent. What would make it easier for you to:
- reduce meat and dairy consumption?
- buy organically-produced food?
- buy local, seasonal food, sold by local retailers – or grow or forage some of your own?
- cut down on food waste, avoid packaging, and recycle?
- cut down on meals out, such as takeaways?
- cook more from scratch at home?
Please answer all of the questions honestly, and to the best of your ability. We really appreciate your help.
Stacy, Amanda and Gez
for Didsbury Dinners