Northeast Columbia CATSO Major Roadway Amendments (proposed) for public comment
Please submit public comments to CATSO here
The CATSO Coordinating and Technical Committees have discussed a number of revisions to the CATSO Major Roadway Plan and have now scheduled these for a public hearing. The proposed six amendments are revisions to future and existing roadways currently shown in the Columbia Area Transportation Study Organization (CATSO) Major Roadway Plan (MRP) in the northeast portion of the Columbia Metro area.
The revisions for consideration are along the St. Charles Road corridor on the north side of Interstate 70. The Technical Committee has recommended approval of the six
amendments and forwarded to the Coordinating Committee for a public hearing.
A public hearing on this item is scheduled for Thursday, May 24, 2012 at the CATSO Coordinating Committee meeting at 2:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, City Building, 701 East Broadway, Columbia, Missouri.
You are invited to attend and comment on any of the proposals on or before the public hearing date.
The CATSO Coordinating Committee meeting agenda, including a staff report on the proposed Major Roadway Plan revisions, will be available on Friday, May 18, 2012, at: http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/Planning/Commissions/CATSO/index.php
You are welcome to review information on this proposal at the City Community Development office, which is located on the Fifth Floor of the Daniel Boone Building (701 East Broadway, Columbia, MO), or you may call Mitch Skov, Senior Planner, at (573) 874-7243 for additional information.
Comments may be submitted here, or by mail or phone to CATSO staff.
c/o the Community Development Department
701 E. Broadway
Columbia, MO, 65205
1. Relocation of north-south Minor Arterial I-70 Overpass to the east to align with Battle Avenue, future extension of Olivet Road, and north-south minor arterial
2. Relocation of north-south Minor Arterial (Mexico Gravel to I-70 Outer Roadway) to the west to align with Battle Avenue and I-70 overpass
3. Delete future north-south neighborhood collector (St. Charles Road to future east-west major collector) due to its proximity to relocated Battle Avenue corridor
4. Realignment of St. Charles Road from .3 mile west of Route Z to create a new St. Charles-Route Z intersection with an offset
5. Reclassify the section of previous minor arterial corridor from St. Charles Road to outer roadway (ABC Lane) as a neighborhood collector
6. Reclassify the section of the former minor arterial corridor from Mexico Gravel Road to future east-west major collector as a neighborhood collector