Bachelor of Applied Science Interest Survey
Purpose of Survey
Grays Harbor College is exploring the possibility of offering a Bachelors of Applied Science (BAS) degree. The first phase of this project is to determine the level of interest in the community and the program area that would be of most value.
The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges will only authorize a BAS degree as an extension of one of the two-year vocational programs we currently offer which includes:
Accounting, Business Management, Criminal Justice, Energy Technology, Entrepreneurship, Forestry, Human Services, and Natural Resources
Examples of careers based on these degree majors include:
- Accounting - Certified Public Accountant or Private Accountant, Budget Analyst, Financial Manager
- Business Management - Director of Non-Profit Organization, Public Administration, Emergency Management, Professional Development Training, Office Management for Professional Services
- Criminal Justice - Police Officer, Correctional Officer, Safety & Security Management
- Energy Technology - Energy Conservation, 'Green' Energy Technologies, Energy Inspection Services
- Forestry/Natural Resources - Fisheries Management, Timber Management, Wood Products Science
Human Services - Social Worker, Case Manager, Chemical Dependency Counselor
Your feedback is very important to us as we explore this exciting opportunity and we appreciate your willingness to participate in this survey. Thank You for your time.