Thanks for proposing a workshop or presentation. Please read the guidelines carefully. Complete a separate form for each workshop or presentation you are proposing. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An individual may propose up to two workshops or presentations.
- Abstracts should be no longer than 250 words and should describe specifically how the workshop or presentation is relevant to education.
- Workshops may be either 25 minutes or 50 minutes in duration
- Proposed workshops must be hands-on and relevant to the target audience. Participants must spend the majority of the time working with software and data on activities which have direct applications in educational settings. Indicate in your abstract specifically what hands-on activities participants would engage in; what handouts, data, software and operating system(s) will be used; and the general structure of the workshop.
- For workshops in the K12 track, activities should be either Mac-based or platform independent. We will have 12 Mac laptops available, and participants are asked to bring their own Mac laptops, if they have them. For workshops for higher education, you may ask for participants to bring their own laptops or you may use the 12 Mac laptops provided (equipped with Mac OSX only). We can also provide handheld GPS receivers and an LCD projector for use during workshops. Make sure to note such needs in the space indicated.
Presentations (up to 25 minutes):
- Presentations are invited to inform participants about available resources, present successful models for projects, and provide instruction on underlying principles such as technical topics, spatial learning/literacy, etc..
- Presentations may incorporate slide shows, printed materials, demonstrations, discussion, etc.
Proceed to the next page to complete the workshop or presentation proposal.