VDGSA/Greater Washington/Baltimore Membership Survey
Indulge Your Passion for the Viola Da Gamba!! JOIN THE VdGSA LOCAL CHAPTER
You are invited to join the newly re-activated Greater Washington / Baltimore chapter of the Viola da Gamba Society of America! By answering this short survey, you can tell us how you might like to be involved.
At the 2009 VdGSA Conclave in Chicago, Amy Domingues and Heather Spence began the process of re-activating a local chapter of the VdGSA. The VdGSA asked Tina Chancy to serve as liaison to the national board, and this group convened a nine-member planning committee to help launch the chapter, which includes: John Moran, Jessica Powell, Cathy Blank, Leslie Nero, Coco Simon, and Doug Wolters, in addition to Amy, Heather and Tina.
Initially, most chapter activities will take place in and around Washington and Baltimore. However, we’d like viol players from VA, MD, WV, and DE to consider yourselves as potential chapter members, and to organize viol activities in your own areas (as you may already be doing!)
COME TO OUR FIRST MEETING
The first chapter meeting will be held on on January 23, 2010 from 10am-12pm, at United Church (1920 G ST NW, Washington, DC, 20006, theunitedchurch.org.) There will be a short business meeting, consort reading, and snacks.
• Discounted member rates for workshops, ensemble coaching, master classes, and other activities
• On-line membership directory
• Use of the chapter’s web site to post classified ads such as instruments for sale and rent
• Option to list items on the chapter's on-line events calendar
• Access to a sheet music library which the planning committee is in the process of organizing
• The satisfaction of helping raise the profile of the viola da gamba in our area.
• As a thanks for joining, we will give new members Al Folop’s latest edition of CONSORT SHEET MUSIC ON CD, thousands of pieces, indexed, easy to read, and ready to print!
We welcome you as members of the local chapter, whether or not you belong to the national VdGSA. To become a chapter member, please send a check for payment of dues to: Amy Domingues/VdGSGWB at 3133 Seventh St N, Arlington, VA 22201-2018. Please also note “Dues” in the memo line.
Dues are $20 per calendar year; $10 for students, retirees, and those of limited means. You decide what category you belong to. We also encourage chapter members to join the National VdGSA (www.vdgsa.org.)
Please continue to the survey on the next page, and answer 10 questions about your interest in getting involved with the chapter. If you have technical difficulties with this survey, please contact Amy Domingues at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to respond! Please respond by January 10, 2010.