During the months of May through November of each year, the Biophysical Society sponsors focused-topic meetings for 150-300 attendees organized by Society members. These meetings are held throughout the world.
Proposals for meetings to be held in 2015 are now being accepted. All submissions will be evaluated by the Thematic Meetings Committee.
To be considered for a 2015 meeting, suggestions must be submitted through this site and all sections must be complete. Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Names and emails of the organizers
- Proposed meeting title
- Description of meeting's topic and themes (one paragraph)
- Explanation of topic's timeliness and importance (one paragraph)
- Proposed meeting location and rationale for the location
- Proposed meeting dates and number of anticipated attendees
- Potential additional funding sources
- Potential conflicting meetings
Proposals should address the following criteria:
- Organizers must be Society members.
- Topics must be timely, not recently addressed, and should foster interdisciplinary and international research.
- Speakers must present new and exciting research.
- The proposed list of speakers must represent geographic, gender, and ethnic diversity.
- Domestic and international sites are appropriate.
- Joint meetings with other societies or institutions are appropriate when justified.
Submissions are due by July 11, 2013.
For information about prior meetings, or to view complete submission requirements, please follow this link: http://www.biophysics.org/Meetings/ThematicMeetings/tabid/2256/Default.aspx