LeadingAge Texas seeks proposals for its 54th Annual Meeting and Trade Show, to be held in Austin, TX in May of 2013. All educational breakout sessions are two hours in length.
LeadingAge Texas seeks presentations that enable participants to share with and learn from one another. To create a rich, engaging learning experience, sessions should incorporate interactive educational methods, provide take-home resources to the fullest extent possible, and demonstrate measurable outcomes/results. Submissions will be reviewed to ultimately develop a high-quality, well-balanced, and interactive education program.
Various LeadingAge Texas committees will review submissions with emphasis on the following criteria:
• well-defined session content
• timeliness and relevance of topic to the field of aging services
• practical applicability of concepts for the intended audience
• overall quality and innovation of session content and educational methods that enable an engaging learning environment
• qualifications, expertise, and experience levels of presenters
Please complete this form in its entirety no later than August 31, 2012. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Each proposal submitted must have its own complete application. Please contact Claire Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 467-2242 with any questions.
Please read through the following and provide your name at the end, indicating you have read and agree to LeadingAge Texas' conference policies.
• Speaker Reimbursement: LeadingAge Texas cannot pay honoraria, travel, per diem, or other costs for speakers. In addition, speakers are responsible for all expenses incurred in the development and implementation of their sessions. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
• Conference Registration: Annual Meeting presenters will receive a free conference registration for the day of their presentation and may attend other sessions on the day of their own presentation at no charge. For additional days' events, a separate registration form and payment will be necessary.
• Promotion of Products and/or Services: Sessions at the Annual Meeting are intended to educate and support learning and, therefore, may not blatantly sell, promote or pitch any specific products and/or services. If examples of products and/or services must be used to illustrate a point, more than one example must be provided. Any violation of this policy may result in prohibition from presenting with LeadingAge Texas at future events.
**As a prospective speaker, I agree to keep the meeting dates of May 20-21, 2013 available until notified of the status of my proposal. In addition, I agree to comply with the above policies and will inform ALL co-presenters of these policies.**