Focus Group Guidelines and Application
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Guidelines for Focus Groups
NEW! Focus Groups Guidelines
Exhibiting companies, schools or other organizations planning to hold a Focus Group during the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) must complete an application and agree to adhere to the following Academy Guidelines for Focus Groups. The cost to conduct a Focus Group is $2,500. If the application is approved, Focus Groups may take place between the following hours:
Friday, October 5: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday, October 6: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Sunday, October 7: 6 – 8 a.m., 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., After 5 p.m.
Monday, October 8: 6 – 8 a.m., 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m., After 5 p.m.
Tuesday, October 9: 6 – 8 a.m. 11:15 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Exhibitors, industry representatives and third party organizations wanting to hold a Focus Group during FNCE are expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Focus groups must not conflict with the main educational sessions at FNCE.
2. Companies conducting Focus Groups will be given 30 minutes to set up before their allotted Focus Group time, as well as 30 minutes to tear-down after their allotted time.
3. Participating companies holding Focus Groups can request a target list of pre-registered attendees appropriate to their Focus Group. This list is included in the cost of the Focus Group. The Academy must review and approve all pre-show mailers, e-Blasts, or marketing pieces prior to sending them to FNCE attendees.
4. Participating companies, upon approval of their Focus Group, will be assigned a prime meeting space at the Pennsylvania Convention Center (PCC) by the Academy. Participating companies will be responsible for additional services such as food and beverage service, audio-visual equipment, etc.
5. Participating companies must identify the purpose or objective of the Focus Group, the target audience and number of participants.
6. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics shall take reasonable steps to ensure that the acceptance of this Focus Group agreement does not undermine the Academy’s reputation for scientific and editorial integrity.
7. Focus Group results may not be used in advertising, promotions, press releases or any external communications, results are for internal use only.