Ready to Send Your Survey? Here’s How.
We’ll show how to get your survey in front of your respondents.
Your questions are written, your answer selections are formulated, and you’re ready to start receiving responses. How should you send out your survey? Is it better to send in an email, embed it in a website, or link through your Facebook, Twitter or other social media page? We’ll walk you through it.
Using a Collector
A “collector” is just our shorthand way of describing the way to collect survey responses. It can be a survey deployment mechanism, a response gatherer, a survey submission accumulator, or any method to get responses. At SurveyMonkey, we provide a variety of collectors, including posting on a Facebook wall, emailing invitations, or even embedding it on your company website.
How to Collect Responses
We’ve got lots of ways to send surveys. Here are a few:
- Web link. Create a custom URL for your survey, then get responses by emailing the link through your own email client, or by posting the link on your website. You can also pop up a survey invitation to segments of visitors on your website.
- Email. Once you upload your contacts into SurveyMonkey Address Book, you can create your own email lists and custom email invitations, then send your surveys with email. You’ll be able to track if respondents have taken the survey, and send reminders to those who haven’t responded.
- Website. Embed a survey on your website, or display it in a popup window when visitors arrive at your site.
- Social media. If you have a Twitter account, you can publicly tweet a link to your survey. On Facebook, you can post a survey on your wall and on your friends’ walls, or embed on your Facebook Page.
- Buy a Targeted Audience. With SurveyMonkey Audience, you can purchase access to an audience who meets specific demographic criteria for your survey. (Currently available only to U.S. based customers.) It’s a great way to get targeted responses from a specific group.
3 Tips for Collecting Responses
- Create an automatic web link. Once you design your survey, you can quickly get a link right from the Edit Survey page to email or post on your website.
- Offer a reward. Give your respondents a little something for completing your survey. Rewards like coupons, prizes, or gift cards can help nudge your audience into action. And with SurveyMonkey Survey Rewards, we make it easy to offer incentives.
- Track responses. Only our email invitation collector has automatic tracking, which you can use to message those who haven’t responded. To track the identities of your respondents, check out our help article on How to configure a method to see who's taking your survey.
Send an unlimited number of surveys and polls with our FREE plan.
- Easy to Use
Create and monitor your survey directly over the Internet — we've made it easy to get started, learn & use.
- Intuitive Design
There's no need to be a programmer or engineer — if you can check email or use Facebook, then you can use SurveyMonkey.
- Real Time Results
You can view your data as it comes in, keeping it to yourself or allowing others to see it.
- Trustworthy & Experienced
SurveyMonkey has helped over 15 million satisfied customers gather information online.
- Expands with Your Needs
SurveyMonkey PRO plans enhance your ability to gather & interpret information with advanced analytics and more.